Thursday, October 23, 2008

Today was a beautiful sunny fall day and about 50 degrees. The cattle seem to be enjoying the good weather as well. I had a meeting in the morning so I was away until after lunch.

After I got back, I went over to our friend Verne Montana's farm to work on the cattle. We have some of our cows and young stock at Verne's. He also has Lowlines and we have his bulls at our farm. Jim came after school and his help was greatly appreciated. We did a herd health checkup and separated this years calves to be weaned. I 'm sure it will be quite noisy at Verne's tonight.

We also separated six full size Angus cows that we have for sale. We have a prospective buyer that is expected in the next day or two so we wanted the cows where he can look them over. They are excellent animals but a bit too big to live comfortably along with the smaller Lowlines.

We got done late and came home and got our chores done.

No comments: