Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The amazing weather continued. It was probably a first to be outside working in a tee shirt on November 5.

Verne came over and we drew the blood for the cattle pregnancy test. We got the samples mailed and should have results Friday. The prospective buyers came as well. They are nice folks and it looks like we can build an ongoing relationship. I've always been relationship rather than transaction oriented so that is good.


I received the weigh slips for our soy beans. We had a good crop. Now I need to decide whether to hold them or sell. The price was up yesterday but dropped a lot today. It's hard to understand how an election can influence the price of soybeans. I called the Farm Service Agency to get my field maps. Then, I'll be able to compute our actual average acre yield. It will be around 43 bushels which is a good yield.

I got 15 bales of soy waste on the neighboring field done and there is probably enough waste for 15 more.

Our daughter called from college in Nashville. She has plane reservations for Christmas. Particularly in light of the weather it is hard to realize that Christmas will soon be here.

No comments: